The city of about ten hotels in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy in various categories.Tourists can choose a three-star hotel in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, and a cozy mini-hotel.In 1924, Petropavlovsk was renamed Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to differ from the city of Petropavlovsk in Kazakhstan.June 15, 1932, the Kamchatka Branch of the Pacific Research Institute of Fisheries and Oceanography was organized.It happened during the second Kamchatka expedition headed by Vitus Bering and Alexey Chirikov (1733-1743). In 1779, the harbor of Petropavlov was visited by two British military ships “Discovery” and “Resolution” during the second round-the-world expedition of James Cook.Charles Clerke, who lead the expedition after Cook’s death was buried in this harbor. In 1812, Petropavlov received the status of a town.
Relax after a busy day offer hotels in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy.
On December 2, 1849, the Kamchatka region was formed, with the governor and the center - Petropavlov port.
In 1854, during the Crimean War, Petropavlovsk garrison repulsed the attack of the English-French fleet.
April 21, 1933, the first professional theater was opened in the city.
The local population noticeably increased in the 1930s-1940s because of the construction of a ship repair yard, mechanical plant and other industrial facilities.